Saturday, June 24, 2017

Day 8ish: Reflective and Sensitive

It was so nice to talk to my dad on dad's day. Growing up I didn't really like him because I was a teenage boy with very little social graces or skills to human in a healthy way. I still lack some of that, but at least I know it!










A lot of yards 
in Durham, NC.
These were in a lot of yards
in Durham, NC.















I met Dudley in Durham. He's
too adorable!
There was a Robert Motherwell
exhibition. Huh?!

Full sours from NY. I got them
in Durham. You figure it out!



Some of the art was not good.
Melt all of these down!


There was a lot of art in Asheville, NC!

I got to see these two. Tikva I've
not seen in about 15 years. She's
a former student who is on her
third book! The oodles of cuteness
is her daughter. They're in Asheville.



Just art.


When I got home I had to take a nap. Andre slept at my head. He rarely does that! He missed me. And when I went to sleep sleep the boys had to both be on me. I love 'em.








Tomorrow I'm off to Westminster, MD for classes at Traditions Week 1, which are given through Common Ground on the Hill. If you don't know about this even check it out. They do so much good in the world in a practical, pragmatic way. And they give back to vets, but not in some trite way like parroting "Thank you for your service." This year they are bringing 30 vets to do workshops grounded in humanity, which is just what many of us need after becoming reflective and sensitive to our actions during wartime.

No comments:

Post a Comment